Tomato and Carrot Soup is a healthy soup and is so vibrant in color.
Tomatoes and Carrots are very good for the skin which helps to glow within. The combo of these is even more healthy.
I love carrots, I have it raw and sometimes with cucumber as a salad (Carrot and Cucumber Salad). Carrot stir fry is often made.
Usually, I prepare Pumpkin Soup Without Cream and Without Broth, Tomato and Onion Soup, Vegetable Soup, Sweet Corn Soup which we usually have before the meal at night at least once a week.
Today am going to share Tomato and Carrot Soup which looks similar to Pumpkin Soup Without Cream and Without Broth/Stock as I took slightly raw tomatoes (check images below)but tastes completely different, TRUST ME!!!
I have not used tomato puree but just sauteed them with carrots.
If you want you can blanch the tomatoes, puree them and add them to the soup.
Now let’s jump into the step-by-step procedure of soup.
- Unsalted Butter-1 Teaspoon
- Oil-1 Teaspoon (Optional)
- Garlic Cloves/Vellulli Rebbalu/Bellulli-4
- Cinnamon/Dalchina Chekka/Chekke-1 Inch Stick
- Bay leaf/Biryani Aaku/Biryani Yele-1
- Cumin Seeds/Jeelakarra/Jeerige-1 Teaspoon
- Pepper/Miriyaalu/Kaadmensu-1 Teaspoon
- Wheat Bread/White Bread-2 Slices
- Salt-1 Teaspoon or As required
Procedure for Tomato and Carrot Soup
- Firstly wash, peel and chop the carrots. Also finely chop the onions, garlic cloves and keep them aside.
- Deseed and finely chop the tomatoes, keep aside.
- Heat a saucepan or a heavy-bottomed vessel, add in the butter. Once the butter melts, add in the cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, garlic, and saute for two minutes.
- Now add in the onions, half a teaspoon salt, and fry until translucent.
- Once the onions turned translucent, add in the tomatoes and fry until tomatoes are a little mushy.
- Now add in the carrots, pepper, cumin seeds, and fry for five minutes.
- Once carrots are fried add in water and bring it to a boil.
- Boil well until carrots are cooked well.
- Switch off the flame and allow the carrot mixture to cool.
- Once cooled down remove the bay leaf and strain the carrot mixture.
- You’ll be left out with stock plus veggies, do not throw the stock, we will use it for grinding the veggies.
- Put the Carrot into the mixer jar and grind until smooth consistency by adding stock little by little. ( I used half of the stock for grinding)
- Transfer the ground mixture to the saucepan and bring it to a boil. (Check for the salt and adjust accordingly)
- Meanwhile, take a Tawa, add in the butter, and toast bread slices until brown and crisp.
- Serve the hot Tomato and Carrot Soup with crispy bread slices.