Eggless Banana Cupcakes With Palm Jaggery is made without maida. These desserts are great for vegetarians and are almost available everywhere. Today I’m going to share the Eggless Banana Cupcakes recipe which can be done quickly within no time even if you have no Oven.
No Oven-No Maida/All Purpose Flour-No Milkmaid -No Sugar, Yes You Heard Right 😀 😀 😀 🙂 I used Wheat flour and Palm Jaggery in this yummy dessert recipe. These cupcakes are a great combo with Nutella or Chocolate Sauce.
I baked in the oven for this post but I tried both in the pressure cooker(half packet of salt is required) and oven and will be mentioning both the methods below.
As I have 800 watts Samsung 20L preprogram mode microwave oven, I baked in the same mode, 2 cupcakes in a batch for 3 minutes(Cafeteria-3 choconut cake mode).
For the convection oven, you can preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius and bake for 20-25minutes or more till a toothpick comes out clean without batter.
∗∗However, keep checking in between until you get used to the baking process.
Let us jump into the step by step procedure of the eggless cupcakes recipe.
- Bananas/Aratipandlu/Baale Hannu-5 (I took small ones called “Yelakki” bananas)
- Wheat Flour/Godhuma Pindi/Godhi Hittu-2 Cups
- Palm Jaggery/Thaati Bellam/Bella-1 Cup (Increase or decrease according to your need for sweetness)
- Water-1½ Cup
- Milk/Paalu/Haalu-1½ Cups
- Cashew nuts/Jeedipappu/Godambi-10
- Baking Powder-1 Teaspoon
- Baking Soda-½ Teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter/Venna/Benne-1 Teaspoon
Procedure for Eggless Banana Cupcakes with Palm Jaggery
For Palm Jaggery Syrup
- Take a heavy-bottomed vessel, pour in water, heat it, add palm jaggery and stir occasionally until dissolved.
- Let the dissolved jaggery boil for 5 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
- Once boiled, remove from heat and allow it to cool.
The Eggless Banana Cupcakes Batter
- Firstly, finely chop cashew nuts, almonds and keep them aside.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and keep aside.
- Finely chop and mash bananas or paste them in a blender or mixer jar, add in butter while mashing.
- Remove into a bowl, add in the cooled jaggery syrup, 1 cup milk and mix well until combined.
- Now add in the flour mixture little by little and fold in with a cut and fold method.
- Add in remaining milk, chopped cashew nuts, almonds and fold in.
- Do not worry the batter will be thick and looks lumpy.
Baking Eggless Banana Cupcakes with Palm Jaggery in Microwave Oven
- Grease the cupcake moulds with butter. I used silicone moulds so butter alone should be fine if you don’t like cocoa powder if using aluminium moulds dust with flour or cocoa powder after greasing with butter.
- Fill the moulds with batter up to ¾th. Do not fill completely as the batter raises once started baking
- Place the moulds in a baking dish as above (I used a Borosil glass square dish), place it in the microwave and bake on high for 2 minutes, check with a toothpick or knife if the cupcakes are baked, meaning toothpick should come out clean without batter if it doesn’t come out clean cook for another minute or 2 but keep checking between 30 seconds intervals. (I used Samsung 800 watt Microwave oven with preprogram mode setting for baking cake, mine is not a convection microwave).
- Once baked, remove and allow it to cool for some time before de-moulding
Baking Eggless Banana Cupcakes with Palm Jaggery in Pressure Cooker
- Before you start preparing the batter, add half a packet of salt into the pressure cooker, place a stand or ring, close with its lid without the gasket and weight and preheat on high for 20 mins.
- Fill the moulds with batter up to ¾th. Do not fill completely as the batter raises once started baking. Line the moulds with paper cups.
- Place these moulds in a baking tin or a vessel and place them in the preheated pressure cooker and bake on low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Once done, check with a toothpick or knife if the cupcakes are baked, meaning the toothpick should come out clean without batter if it doesn’t come out clean cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and allow it cool for some time before demoulding
- Serve the eggless cupcakes with Nutella or chocolate sauce or with ice cream.
- I stored these cupcakes in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
♥ You can add cocoa powder to the batter for that chocolaty taste. Raisins and dates can also be added.
♥ Warm cupcakes with vanilla ice cream is a good combo.
You can buy Palm Jaggery in any supermarkets or online here
Note/ Disclaimer– Online shopping link is for general purpose only, I’m not promoting the same.